Friday 4 April 2014

Back in the Saddle

So I got the all clear from the practice nurse, my wound has 'healed' and the swab came back clear so no infection. Now to look at that ugly gash on my leg you'd be forgiven for thinking neither of those facts was true!

It's a Friday so it was time to do my Pitsford loop whilst Joe had football training. Now there's a thing with Pitsford and the thing is for a couple of weeks in Spring there are hideous clouds of black flies. Guess what...this was one of those weeks! The clues were all there, Pitsford was crawling with anglers because the fly hatch sends the trout into a feeding frenzy. I even saw a lucky angler land a not so lucky fish. The flies are in dense clouds and there was a pop pop pop as they bounced of my helmet. I was very glad of my glasses but also wished I had my buff to use as a face mask.

Did all that spoil the ride? Of course not! It was great to be back in the saddle. I also clocked up a few PR's, which is nice. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow now and jointing the brothers and sisters of C&DCYCLES.

Happy peddling!




GASH

FLY

No comments:

Post a Comment