Sunday 19 September 2021

Ticking over...


This week's blog will be a bit longer than last week but not one of those huge ones I can sometimes write. There's a bit more to say with regards to Lee and with my cold subsiding I got one good ride in!


Lee continues with Slimming World and this week was slimmer of the week! We have also managed to get a couple of evening dog walks done. 


On Saturday evening we were lucky enough to meet up with some good friends. Our friend Sara was up from Cornwall and she was with her friend H. Lee  knows H as Mrs Tibbs, because she was her first primary school teacher. It was great to see Lee having fun. She's paying for it today and is currently in bed getting some well earned rest. 



Onto cycling. I've felt pretty grotty still this week so little activity has been done. I did coach at the cyclones on Monday but apart from that I took the week off.

On Saturday I just needed to get out and ride. I wanted a couple of hours to get my legs going again. Thankfully Steve Minney planned a cyclasylum ride that passed by my house on the outward and return route! Clever that, cheers Steve!

It was a foggy start but it was clear the sun would burn it off quite quickly. Waiting at the top of Rushton hill my ride mates emerged from the mist.

Steve Duke wins Jersey of the day with his Purple Moose Brewery top!

With the fog gone it was perfect riding weather.


Ian picked the perfect location for a puncture. If it was raining they could have used the bus shelter. We sat and had or banana 🍌 break on the benches outside the pub and there was even a nearby bin! Hilariously  Google requested I review the White Lion in North Kilworth. I'm not sure they'd appreciate: "great place to offer helpful piss taking whilst the following  debate is resolved: "how many mamils does it take to change an inner tube?" 

Before I knew it I was back in Rothwell ready to get on with a busy day. Next stop was the newly named Cinch stadium at Franklin's Gardens for the long awaited return of full crowds to rugby 🏉 


We had a minute's applause to remember people lost in the pandemic and I have to admit I felt quite emotional. This for me is another big step on the road to recovery.


It was Junior Parkrun time again this morning. Having messed up timekeeping recently I was pleased to be having another go.  I'm also pleased to report no such issues today! I decided on a quiet rest of the day in preparation for ramping it back up next week.

A big shout out to my cycling friends or #onecyclingfamily as we are calling it. Strong performances from people I ride with in the national and local league cyclocross events. Huge shout out to Olly Crabtree who has tackled the North Coast 500. I'm so jealous. This gorgeous route in Scotland must be on most cyclist's bucket list. Here’s a video to show you what you’re missing!




Later on today the contagiously likable personality that is Evie Richards goes again in the MTB World Cup. Well worth watching on Red Bull TV.

Next week it's the first round of the Leicestershire cyclocross league at Weldon Park, Corby, hosted by Rockingham Forest Wheelers. I plan to help out as much as I can and I'm really looking forward to the race.

Happy Pedalling 

No comments:

Post a Comment