Sunday 26 September 2021

Lots of activity and a first for Lee!


Usual format. Lee update followed by some cycling. Lee hasn't felt her best this week but we've soldiered on. Cycling wise it's all about cyclocross!


So Lee came to junior parkrun today and helped out with marshalling! I made sure she had the shortest walk and a bench to sit on. Lee loved it and now knows what I've been going on about. Helping those kids to go for a run is an absolute joy! We've also been for dog walks together, which are always nice. That's the upside. The downside is that everything remains a struggle for Lee. She's still feeling tired and achey the whole time.

The good food theme continues. Some great healthy dishes this week.

Haddock in crisp crumb with stir fry veg

Spinach and tomato quiche

didn't get my own picture but this was great!

On Monday it was a super cyclones coaching session with Charlie Stockham taking the lead before he left for university. Then on Tuesday we had a Corby Capers at Weldon on the course for Sunday's cyclocross.


On Saturday I went to parkrun to save my cycling legs. Charity and I enjoyed a good run at Brixworth Country Park before i came home to give my cyclocross bike a thorough clean!


This cassette was particularly tricky due to several races worth of grass and mud encrusted onto the  cogs!


This morning after junior parkrun I made my way to Weldon for the cyclocross race. My friends from Rockingham Forest Wheelers organised todays race. It's a lot of work so kudos to them for a great day of racing.


I'm a bit disappointed with myself today. After the race at Silverstone and a good practise in the week I was feeling confident. I got a good start and after 3/4 of the first lap I'd moved up a lot of places. Then my legs just died. I think I probably went off too quick. Let's not put a dampner on the day though. This was a lot of fun and it was brilliant to see the whole cyclocrosss family again today. I am VERY tired now!!!

The official photographers Mick Brown and Wayne Holton got some fabulous shots, especially my "competitive," first lap. I guess I've learned that I have the pace, now I need the stamina to maintain. Lots of HIIT required!!!






In elite cycling its been the world champs this week. Always good and deserved winners in all categories.

Happy Pedalling 






No comments:

Post a Comment