Sunday 12 September 2021

Snotty McSnotface

This week's blog will probably  be the shortest this year. All plans were wiped out by an annoying head cold, leading to a low activity weekend. Standard format; Lee update and then my cycling blog.


It probably says it all that I have no pictures of Lee this week. We haven't done much together which is a bit rubbish really. The highlight for the Queen of Cakes is that she joined her work colleagues for their "Recover and Reconnect," day. This is something our trust is enabling every team to do as part of our recovery from Covid19. Lee's team enjoyed a game of rounders and went for a meal together. I'm absolutely sure this did Lee the world of good. She didn't play rounders but did keep score from a chair! When I got home from work Lee was already in bed and remained exhausted for a couple of days. Whilst that sounds bad, Lee and I agree it was worth it!


On Friday night, Níamh came home early from work feeling unwell. She was freezing and had cold symptoms. Then on Saturday morning I woke up with a nose full of snot! Niamh by then, had gone from cold to hot, so we booked a PCR test. This ruled out any activity as you're required to self isolate until you get your result. Thankfully we were both negative! The time between the test and the result was very stressful because of the risk to Lee. At least Sunday has been a bit better!


I've got no cycling pictures either. On Monday I coached the Cyclones to a rewarding session full of progression. We also said fairwell to Fran as she heads off to Exeter University. Tuesday saw the return of Corby Capers cyclocross training. As per usual a good training session was enjoyed by all. On Thursday I got on the rollers. Apart from dog walks that's my entire week of exercise! 

As my test result arrived at 6am, I was at least able to get to junior parkrun. As ever those wonderful kids and the volunteers cheered me up!

The upside of being sofa bound for most of the weekend is that I caught up with the cycling at elite level. My GCN+ subscription has been good value as I watched the tour of Britain and the cyclocross from Belgium 🇧🇪.

That's it then...hoping for better next week!

Happy Pedalling 




No comments:

Post a Comment