Sunday 6 June 2021

Stressy week with a good ending!

This will be a much shorter blog this week. I'll do a Lee update and then there's only a little bit of cycling to discuss. The reason for that will become apparent!

So the relief of Lee being home on Sunday was shortlived. On Monday she continued to feel rotten and spent Monday night to and fro to the toilet. Neither of us got a good night's sleep and on Tuesday morning I got one of my thankfully infrequent migraines. I think the surprise here is that I haven't had more of these. This bit isn't about me though...luckily my head recovered enough by Tuesday afternoon to be of use to Lee. The GP was not happy with KGH and we needed to get samples to the lab and pick up a prescription. It took until Friday for the infection to be understood and more antibiotics provided. Lee is starting to pick up and was able to meet with friends on Saturday night. This was especially nice because this was the third attempt to meet up, the other times postponed due to Lee being back in hospital. All in all a rough week but we appear to be recovering again.


Thanks to that migraine I didn't do much apart from a run on Friday. However on Saturday I got out with the Cyclasylum riders again. This week we headed east on a beautiful summer day.

First up was Geddington and then round the back of Boughton House, these silly geese were in the road. Once negotiated we headed down Brigstock bumps only to encounter a tractor...

This was also a day for roads we travel less as we worked round to Oundle.


I'm just going to let the pictures show you...we had a great time out on our bikes! Usual stuff, banter, chats, laughter!


I thought about extending to a 100km fondo ride but then decided today was not the day! I headed home, hot, tired and happy!

Sunday was junior parkrun duty again as this was my 25th time I qualify for a t-shirt!


Then this afternoon Sam and I headed to Franklin's Gardens for a covid safe Saints match. 


It was great to be back. Not quite our day today but a great match in a proper atmosphere! Better days are coming, suporting our heroes is evidence of that.

Happy Pedalling 

No comments:

Post a Comment