Sunday 14 March 2021

Lindsley family 5 Covid 0

I have not been outside on my bike this week. That's rubbish isn't it! However the blog currently has a dual purpose. There's an update on Lee and a fair bit of cycling by others to discuss.

Christmas day...Happy Times before the virus was an unwelcome visitor

Let's do the Queen of Cakes progress report first. Lee has settled into her rehab unit and is doing well. In non covid times Beechwood is typically used for people recovering from strokes and brain injuries. Lee's needs are currently similar, she is learning to walk and do all of her acitivies of daily living (PADL'S for my OT colleagues.) She is doing really well. Lee is  pleased to have a week of doing things she hasn't managed since being admitted to hospital on the 11th of January. Things like having a shower, putting shoes and socks on etc. All stuff that we take for granted, even just sitting in a chair is hard work right now. Every day she gets stronger and does a little more. Being in Wellingborough is kinder on us too. We cannot visit Lee still but we can easily get things to her and collect her washing. The staff are fabulous, which makes me even prouder because they're not just NHS they work for the same division as me. Whenever I'm on WhatsApp video to Lee someone will say hello. We most commonly talk whilst I walk the dogs before work. Lee has even been able to have her vaccination on the unit. We wondered why she hadn't been offered this in hospital but happily NHFT take a common sense approach. We have a meeting tomorrow for goal setting, so we should know when Lee could come home! Imagine that...I have many times and it's made me cry! That happy day is coming...oh ffs I made myself cry typing that! To cheer everyone up I can report Lee's first goal was to be able to wipe her own bottom! Even better I can report that goal was achieved today!!!

The only bike I've used this weekend!

So why no cycling? Well its due to the windy weather. I think I might normally have braved it today but yesterday was beyond my safety limits. Additionally I decided it wouldn't be that clever if both of us were in hospital!!! So I've literally done one rollers session and loads of dog walks. 

Specs lane Ford

In the week my good cycling friend Phil W was doing laps of Spectacle Lane near Moulton. Previously I'd warned him that I had an accident in that very Ford leading to 5 stitches in my leg. 


Apparently you're not supposed to cycle with stitches in your leg, so the wound didn't close and I ended up with a manky gash. 

Phil also crashed in the Ford, doing what was previously known as Richard and from now on will be known as a Philchard! All of the cyclists now want to know one thing...no not is Phil alright...its did Phil damage his bike?


Yep he broke his handle bars! Unlucky mate!!!

In other news, Josh Brown is about to get 2 blog mentions in 2 weeks. Josh has joined a team I can't spell or even say but lucky for me they did an article on it! I've been fortunate to see Josh's development from a coaches and a ride mate point of view and it makes me proud. Even prouder are Andy and Sarah, his parents and rightfully so. I don't think Josh will be the last Cyclone to go on to big things. Check out the link below.


Well thats it, I'll try and do more riding next week. Until then...

Happy Pedalling 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment