Sunday 7 November 2021

Pair of 🎃


Back it seems by popular demand...my blog as usual will start with a Lee update and then all things cycling.

Lee & Nanny Iris

Lee's long slow recovery continues. She feels a little better each day but also has to be careful. She describes all of her limbs as permanently sore and easily gets out of breath. On Halloween she wore herself out answering the door to trick or testers! In the week Lee had another Tachycardia episode, sitting still her heart rate was at 140 bpm. Luckily this time the trick of holding her nose and puffing her cheeks worked. Lee has a sicknote that lasts until the 10th of January...that's a year and a day since she went into hospital with Covid19. Her hope is that she can start back at work after that!


There's no massive point to the picture above other than to say I'm enjoying my autumn walks with this pair and they look splendid in their poppies!


The last round of LCXL felt like a turning point for me. I've been really disappointed with my results until round 3. In the first two rounds I finished almost last and I didn't feel like I was in a race. In the picturesque grounds of Misterton Hall I improved by 12 places and definitely competed with others around me. 


I've been working hard on the bike and also trying to eat better. I used noom briefly but switched back to myfitnesspal. I think noom would help people who've never used a food tracker before or don't know much about cognitive behavioural therapy. However, for me it wasn't worth £22 a month. Its all working though as my weight in stones starts with a 13 for the first time since 2018!  The other thing that really helps are the Corby Capers CX training sessions. I'm hoping this all continues and I can pick up a few more places this season.

Yesterday I had a great group ride with my friends in the Cyclasylum. It's been a busy weekend and I nearly didn't go but I had a word with myself and got my kit on. As it was dryish I took my Giant Propel out for probably the last time this year.


A good group of us gathered at the swimming pool before heading towards Geddington. Bruce raced off the front, missed the planned turn and headed on oblivious that no one was with him. He joined back up with us at Bringhurst! 

 The Northamptonshire countryside was just gorgeous in its autumnal colours. The miles flowed by as we headed to the cafe in Brigstock. There's Richard G taking the wind bravely. Neil described Richard and I as the "units," to hide behind in a head wind! Happy to make holes in the air for you skinny lads Neil 😉😆😆🤣🤣🤣 It was also Richard who enquired about the blog, I couldn't let my fellow unit down could I?


 The last time we visited here was in lockdown and it wasn't the greatest experience. This time was so different I think I have a new favourite coffee stop. 

On the way out of Brigstock we passed this lovely war memorial. The poppies were knitted!!! Then we headed up the bumps to Grafton before I said goodbye and headed home. A quick glance at my wahoo showed 20 miles more for a 100km fondo...so I thought, why not?


On the way I had a lovely time taking pics of the kites and getting the job done!


On a day like yesterday why wouldn't you stay out for a bit longer. 

This morning I was run director again at Desborough Greenspace Junior Parkrun. It's a lot of work but also very rewarding! 


I finished my exercise for the week with a few circuits of cyclocross training. This tree in the woods makes good hurdles practise!

In elite cycling the cyclocross European 🇪🇺 championships have been excellent. Well worth watching on catch up if you can. 

If you want to see some cyclocross live, or have a go yourself, we have a race next Sunday at the Capers training venue, West Glebe Park, Corby. I've booked the day off of parkrun to help as much as possible. I'm sure it will be a great event...I can't wait!

Happy Pedalling 


No comments:

Post a Comment